Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mask Monday #1

Hey everyone!

So today is the first in my series of Mask Monday's where I will be doing mini reviews of various hair and face masks.



Today I used Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Deep Nourishing Intensive Mask for Dry / Damaged Hair with Hawaiian Coconut and Orchid Extracts. Less than €5. I have had this hair mask sitting in my stash unused for a while now and can no longer find it online (Boots or Superdrug) so I'm not sure if it's still available :( I first heard of this mask when I saw Miss Budget Beauty's glowing blog post about it waaaaay back in September 2012 and just had to pick it up! It then of course sat unloved in my bathroom cabinet like so many other products I own! It was actually one of the inspirations for starting this blog series haha! This mask smells AMAZING! Like a fruity, coconut infused sunshine holiday, perfect as a pick me on days like today when the weather is just horrible! I put this on all over my hair and then combed it through with a wide tooth comb before popping a shower cap on and leaving it for about 20 mins. It is a really thick white cream that spreads easily through the hair and rinses quite easily. My hair instantly felt soft and smooth afterwards and I am interested to see how it feels tomorrow (hoping it doesn't make my hair greasy)! Defo be using this mask again for an extra shot of moisture for my hair!

The face mask I chose was Montagne Jeunesse's Black Seaweed Peel Off Mask (Ultra Deep Cleansing Straight From The Sea) with Laver Seaweed and Sea Buckthorn. This was another Miss Budget Beauty  raved about product that I spent months trying to get my hands on, which I finally managed to track down in Mc Cormack's Pharmacy Maynooth for €1.60 while down there last week. I also spotted it on Makeup Savvy's blog today so was even more excited to rip it open! I smoothed it all over my face (avoiding my mouth and eye area) after I had put my hair mask on and then left of on the same length as the hair mask. When it came time to remove it, I gently lifted the edge around my chin and peeled it off. Some patches hadn't fully dried as I think I put it on slightly too thick on my cheeks but it easily washed away with a face cloth and warm water. The mask didn't pull at the hair around my hairline and eyebrows which was an added bonus as I wasn't planning on adding waxing to my pamper routine this evening haha. There was something so satisfying about peeling the mask off and I could even see little patches where it had pulled the gunk out of my pores on my nose (gross - but so satisfying to know my skin was really clean afterwards!) This mask left my skin super soft and smooth! I would highly recommend this mask if you want a gentle but deep cleanse! I will defo be picking up more of these (if I can find them again that is haha).

And no for the scary face and hair mask pic!


Brace yourselves....... it's not a pretty sight! :P






I told you!!!!!! Hahahaha

If there are any face or hair masks you would like to see me include in this series just drop me a comment below!

Thanks for reading!

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment